Happy Monday everyone! I am spending this Monday as much as I can in bed, because I still have a cold, Lucas woke up at 4AM this morning, and I am having the worst round ligament pain! Here’s to hoping that my Monday improves a little.
I wanted to share with y’all a few songs that I put on my playlist for Logan’s birthday! 🙂 I made a playlist for my labor & delivery with Lucas, and I remember keeping it playing on low volume in the bed at the hospital with me while I labored. Having it playing was a sense of calming for me, like a security blanket, and I really believe that it helped me. I have a few of the same songs on my playlist for Logan, as well as a few new ones that I think will help to either calm me or distract me during labor this time around.
Some of the songs I have on my playlist for Logan’s labor & delivery:
- Have a Little Faith in Me – Mandy Moore // Hoping the lyrics in this song help to remind me to just have faith to get me through labor & know that everything will be okay.
- Amazed – Lonestar // Brandon & I’s wedding song. Basically just setting myself up to get super emotional, but also hoping it takes me back to our wedding night, which is one of my most favorite memories. Also hoping it will help me look past the pain during labor to knowing we will have many more favorite memories with our boys.:)
- Sweet Creature – Harry Styles // This song is SO calming & I feel like it will put me in a good mind set while I labor.
- Despacito – Luis Fonsi // Just because I really love this song and it always puts me in a good mood when I listen to it. Lucas sings it with me (he says “cito, cito” SO funny) even though neither of us knows what the song is saying since we don’t speak Spanish.
- Love on Top – Beyonce // I remember when Beyonce performed this song “announcing” her first pregnancy, and I cried. I had it on my playlist for Lucas’ birth, and it just reminds me of all of the beautiful things about pregnancy & birth #pregnancyhormones
- You Save Me – Kenny Chesney // I have always really loved this song, and I feel like the lyrics are just really amazing & will help me be strong during labor.
- Fantastic Voyage – Lakeside // This is an older song that Brandon really likes, and we actually played it on our drive home from the hospital after Lucas was born. Another one of my favorite memories. The song is so fitting because once you have a baby, it’s really like you’re starting a new, fantastic voyage 🙂
So there we go, just a little peak in to my playlist for Logan’s labor. I can’t believe he will be here in a month or less! So excited & nervous & happy & scared and once again, just all the feels
Lucas has been so excited lately for Logan to be here. The other day he said that Logan is his best friend and he’s going to give him hugs & kisses when the doctors get him out. TOO SWEET! Kids y’all, they are always tugging on your heart strings!
Hope everyone has a great week!:)