Logan is officially ONE MONTH OLD! Wow, quickest month ever, although sometimes it seems like the slowest month as well. I tried to get a cute, smiley one month picture of him, but as you can see in all of the pictures I took, he had other ideas. I thought that they would be a pretty appropriate portrayal of him at the moment though 🙂
- Sleeping – Still has his days and nights mixed up. He naps like a champ during the day, but at night is extremely fussy and will usually only sleep 1 1/2 – 2 hours at a time, usually crying in between (we think it’s colic) Lucas had colic and we would end up driving around in the middle of the night because it was the only thing that would calm him. We also used colic calm with Lucas and will probably be trying it out with Logan soon.
- Breastfeeding – Dude loves to eat. When he’s awake, he usually eats every 30 minutes or so. Basically, he’s here for the milk. He still wakes up about every 2 – 3 hours at night to nurse.
- Weight – At his one month well check with his pediatrician, he weighed 9lb 3.5oz. All of the breastfeeding is paying off! Even though he was 7lb 11oz at birth, he got down to 6lb 15oz. within the first few days he was born. So he has gained back a little over two pounds. Chalking that up as a W!
- Sleeping – I miss it but know one day I’ll sleep again (right? right?! someone tell me I’ll sleep again!)
- Breastfeeding – I am honestly really passionate about breastfeeding. I think if you’re able to do it, it’s such an amazing experience. Before I had Lucas, I was on the fence about nursing, but once I did it with him I knew I wanted to try for longer with baby #2. (I ended up nursing for 5 months with Lucas and stopped right before our wedding so I wouldn’t be leaking everywhere for our wedding and have to pump on our honeymoon) So far, it’s going really well! It’s definitely not easy, but I’m thankful that I’m able to do it with very few things not going smoothly. We have yet to give Logan a bottle, which is already longer than Lucas exclusively nursed, so I’m pretty proud of that. Our bodies are seriously amazing!
- Weight – With this pregnancy, I gained right about 25 pounds. With Lucas I gained 40, so I was very happy to gain less this time. I weighed myself last week for the first time and thrilled to find out I was already down about 20 pounds! I’m not supposed to work out until I go back for my 6 week check-up, but I’m very excited to start working out again to lose the last 5 pounds, plus some that I never lost from my pregnancy with Lucas.
- Feeling – Crazy. Okay not really, but maybe a little. See – CRAZY. Two kids has honestly been harder to get adjusted to than one for me. You never really have a moment to think during that first month with a newborn and a toddler. One always needs to nurse while the other is always asking for chocolate milk. Add on not sleeping for more than 1-2 hours at a time, and it’s been a little challenging. However, I do finally feel like we hit a turning point and Logan has been having more times when he’s awake that he’s not fussy. Now we just need to get him sleeping 5-6 hours in a row, and that I can manage!
Hope you guys enjoyed getting a little insight on our first month with our little guy! Lucas is the absolute sweetest with him, and every time he walks through the door when he gets home he asks “My brother awake?” The freaking cutest. So in love with my little fam. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 XO Meghan