I turn 27 this weekend! I love birthdays y’all. They’re always an excuse to celebrate and have family and friends get together. The birthday e-mails with free stuff and special birthday offers get me SO excited too, not going to lie.
Year 26 was a big one for me/us. We got pregnant with our second baby a month in to me being 26, so I basically spent this whole year pregnant. It was a transitional year for us, preparing to go from one baby to two. Not to reference the Kardashians, but I’m going to. I’ve been watching the Kar-dash-a-thon on E! the past couple of weeks because you know, basically home 24/7 with a newborn, and on one episode Kris says “One kid is one, but two kids is like twenty.” and I don’t think I’ve ever related more to something on KUWTK. As much as we prepared for having two kids, the first couple of weeks with a newborn and a toddler was a bit overwhelming. It still is a little overwhelming at times, but I really think we are starting to find our groove as a family of 4. Now if we could just get our toddler to stop throwing tantrums over not having “much” chocolate milk in his soppy cup, even when it’s full… #toddlerlife
Sometimes I feel like maybe we’re meant to only have two kids, our two boys. Usually I feel like this when Lucas is having a meltdown over something that doesn’t even make sense and Logan isn’t sleeping, but then Lucas does something sweet and Logan is content and I’m like “Let’s have 10 kids.” Motherhood is such an emotional rollercoaster, isn’t it?
At 26, I’ve learned a few things:
- Patience // Toddlers will teach you that quick, or at least make you realize your lack of patience. Really trying to work on this.
- Skincare // Skincare is important at any age. As I’m nearing my thirties (AH!) I know good skincare is so important to keep your skin looking healthy & young. I recently tried out the Honest company beauty trial and instantly became hooked on their beauty products and agree to the beauty bundle program. I plan on doing a full review on their products I’ve tried out and their bundle program. Their moisturizer and primer are my faves! If you want to try it out, you can go check it out & sign up here with my referral link!
- Go With The Flow // Having not as easy of a pregnancy this time around, having a toddler, and other things this year have really made me realize that you can’t control everything. I am somewhat of a control freak with certain things, but I’ve learned that when you go with the flow and stop worrying about every single thing, things will fall in to place how they’re meant to.
- Healthy Eating Habits // When I eat good food, I feel better. Simple as that. During the last couple months of my pregnancy and the first few weeks after Logan was here, we didn’t eat the best. I rarely, if ever, cooked. Takeout was our best friend, because it was quick and easy. Going in to 27 with a better attitude about food, determined to cook more often and nourish our bodies with foods that are good for us.
- Boy Mom // Now more than ever I feel at peace with being a boy mom. Ever since Brandon and I have been together, I’ve always said I wanted two boys and one girl. Now that we’re not sure if we’re going to go for a third kid (ask me in probably 6 months-1 year and I’ll be itching for another baby though) I’m wondering if I’m just meant to be a boy mom. While I know I’d still love to have a daughter, knowing I might only have boys is perfectly fine by me. I love my momma’s boys so much, and they fill my heart more than I could have ever imagined. Here’s to hoping I’ll get some good daughter-in-laws one day!
26 was such a special year for me. Our family expanded with the birth of our second baby boy, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary, and we watched our first baby grow. We’re happy & healthy, and I’m so thankful that God blessed me with another year with my little fam bam.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! We plan to spend ours with family & friends, nothing better than that 🙂 Oh, and a cookie cake will be calling my name on Sunday. I can’t wait! What is everyone’s favorite sweet treat to have on their birthday? Cake, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream? So many good options.
Thanks for stopping by! XO Meghan