Hi guys! Our baby boy is 2 months old! I kind of already have baby fever, not going to lie. I know, I know, I need to calm down. They are just so dang cute! If it wasn’t for the sleep deprivation, I think I’d have at least 5 kids. Now if only this little dude would sleep more than 2-4 hours at a time! Speaking of NOT SLEEPING, does anyone have any recommendations on how to get a 2 month old to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time at night? Taking ANY and ALL suggestions! 🙂
- Sleeping: Still waking up every 2-3 hours at night. Also still sleeping in his rock n play, but we are thinking about transitioning him to his crib very soon. Any tips for this?? I’ve heard great things about the dock a tot, but it’s a little pricey so I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it. I mean, if it will somehow magically make him sleep for 8+ hours then I’m all about that!
- Breastfeeding: Still nurses like a champ. If he’s awake for a little while without taking a nap, he will nurse every 45 minutes-1 hour, sometimes sooner.
- Weight: This little chunk weighed 12 lb 1.5oz at his 2 month appointment! He is definitely gaining weight faster than Lucas did.
- Milestones: This month he started smiling and cooing a lot more. We’ve even gotten a few laughs out of him, which is the cutest thing EVER. He will also stay longer in his rock and play or his bouncer when he’s awake without fussing.
- Eye color: The blue eyes are staying strong! Lucas had blue eyes for the first few weeks, but they changed to brown. Logan’s eyes are still blue after two months, so we’re thinking his will stay blue like his daddy!
- Sleeping: Again, what is sleep? I’ve forgotten. Since Logan was born, I honestly don’t think I’ve slept longer than 3 straight hours. How am I still functioning? I really don’t know. Very thankful for coffee. Starbucks, you’re the real champ.
- Breastfeeding: I am so thankful that this has come as naturally for me & Logan as it did for me & Lucas. Logan has only been breastfed so far, no supplementing, which is something I am super proud of. I know breastfeeding isn’t for everyone and some people are not able to do it. I worried about my milk supply being enough while strictly nursing, but obviously with how much weight he’s gained I think he’s getting enough milk! Seriously such a special bond between me & my babies and even though it’s a lot of work, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. It was a little rough in the beginning, even shed some blood (on my end) but I’m so thankful to be able to do it.
- Weight: I dropped 20 pounds pretty quickly after Logan was born but haven’t seen much change since then. I started working out again but finding the time to do it with two kids is a little challenging. Hoping to get in to some sort of regular routine and eat healthier.
- Feeling: All over the place. Y’all, the world is such a scary place right now, I definitely feel like that has been contributing to my anxiety lately. I just want to raise my babies and keep them healthy and happy. Having two kids now and trying to find a balance between taking care of them and myself while still finding time for my husband is hard. Hoping to find that balance soon, if not I’ll just keep working on it! Sometimes I’m so overwhelmed with how much I love my boys that I cry, then other times I’m so overwhelmed by having two kids and only one of me that I cry. I’m pretty sure being a mom makes you crazy, but in the best way.
At Logan’s 2 month appointment, we did find out that our little guy will have to have a few tests run on him. As his mama, I am FREAKING OUT. Even though his doctor told us that it is not something I should stress over and is even common with babies, I have still been an emotional mess. So, please just say some prayers for our baby boy, and I will keep you guys updated!
Hope everyone is having a great week! Hug your loved ones tight!
Thanks for stopping by! XO Meghan