Hi everyone! New year, new me. Or something like that, right? I can’t believe that it’s already a new year. 2017 was seriously so fast! I spent a good part of the year pregnant, and the other part of the year with a newborn & a toddler. WHAT A YEAR! 2017 taught me a lot, but it also taught me things I’d like to change with every day life. AKA get it together, because two kids two and under is hard y’all.
I am beyond excited to see what 2018 has in store for us. Last year (now technically two years ago…WOW) I wrote a post for my 2017 goals, and I plan on making it a yearly thing. I love to make lists and have things written out (I have over 100 notes on my phone of random things.) I’m ready to accomplish all, or most, of these things in the new year!
- Breastfeed Logan until he’s 1 year old // This is something that is really important to me. We are doing so well with breastfeeding, and I really hope to be able to continue it until his birthday. I really regret not nursing Lucas longer. We stopped at 5 months so I would be finished by the time Brandon and I got married. My goal with Logan is 1 year!
- Healthy lifestyle // Now more than ever, it’s so important for us to be healthy. With two babies relying on us, I want to get in the best shape and in the best health that we can. I don’t want us to just diet, I want us to change our lifestyle to a healthier lifestyle. Eating food that’s good for us and exercising. I also want to start playing tennis again. Before having kids, I was playing tennis at least 2x a week most weeks. I really miss playing, so in the new year I’d really like to get back to playing at least a few times a month.
- Getting more organized // Y’all, mom brain is such a real thing. My mind is all over the place all of the time, with a million things to remember. I really enjoy following Emily Ley on Instagram. She has two amazing books and has so many great tips for simplifying and organizing. I recently started reading A Simplified Life (her second book) and am really trying to bring simplicity in to 2018. I also always have to keep a planner with me at all times and am loving all of the planners they have at Target right now.
- Simplify my closet // I have so many clothes, but probably only wear 1/4 of them. I really want to deep clean and organize my closet with pieces that I love to wear and that make me feel good. Same goes for makeup. I recently saw this makeup challenge on Instagram to go through all of your makeup & donate all of the makeup you don’t use. I have SO MUCH makeup cluttering my vanity & bathroom, so I plan on doing this as soon as I can find the time to go through everything.
- Carve out more time for Brandon & me // It has been so hard lately to have alone time for us, which obviously comes with the territory of having two kids. But even when it’s just us, it’s so hard to turn off mom brain lately. I want to take the time to make time for just us, even if it’s staying up an hour after the boys go to bed to spend time together or to go on an overnight trip somewhere close by. I just want to be more intentional about date nights for us, because before the boys it was just us, and I think it is SO SO important to always date your spouse!
So there you have it, my top five goals for 2018. I also plan on making a bucket list for this year with more of the random things I’d like to do this year rather than goals. I’m so excited for the year ahead. What are some of your goals for the new year? I’ve been loving reading everyone’s goals on Instagram and people’s words for the new year. I want to come up with a word for the year for myself, but I haven’t been able to pick one yet. I think it’s so inspiring. Have y’all decided on one word to live life by this year? Seriously loving seeing everyone’s!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone is having a great 2018 so far!