It’s 2020! A new decade, a time to set some serious goals. I feel like New Years’ resolutions are a bit of a thing of the past. I’ve seen everyone posting about goals, intentions, words of the year, etc. and honestly I’ve been super inspired by it. One of my favorite moms to follow on Instagram, @skiptomyluca, posted that her word of the year is ABUNDANCE and I LOVE that. I feel like that is such a good way to look at the year ahead and attract positivity in to your life. Abundant health. Abundant happiness. Abundant kindness. Just overall a really good mindset to have going in to the new year.
I haven’t necessarily narrowed down a word for 2020, because hello indecisiveness, but I have set some goals for the new year and thought I’d share with y’all!
- Do more yoga/meditation: I’m really trying to get in to a good routine of doing some yoga in the morning and before bed. I found a couple of yoga pins on Pinterest that take less than 10 minutes to do, and I’m really going to try to implement them in my daily routines. I’ve also tried meditation to help with my anxiety over the past year and have really loved the Headspace app. I’m going to try to do at least a 3 minute daily mediation this year.
- Nourish my body: I know a lot of times my resolutions/goals always consist of losing weight. I want this year to be more than that. I don’t want to just lose weight, although I would like to drop a few lbs. before we try for our third baby. I want to eat healthy foods, workout regularly, take care of my body! I need to do this not only for me, but for my fam as well.
- Be more intentional: I want to be more intentional with my time this year, whether that be time with my boys, date nights with B, or me time. I’m a big planner girl. I love writing out schedules, filling in our calendar, writing to-do lists. I want to plan my time as much as possible and be in the moment with what I’m supposed to be doing, and then be able to relax when we don’t have anything planned.
- Waste less groceries: I don’t know about you, but we seem to waste a lot of groceries in this house. I go in to the grocery thinking of buying all of this produce, and then it seems like the next day it’s already gone bad! I’m going to try to be very intentional about our grocery shopping and only buy the things I know will get eaten so we will waste less.
- 20 dates for 2020: I’d like to think B and I are pretty good at date nights. We get a fair share of them thanks to our amazing babysitters (shoutout to my parents) but I’d like to try to make them even more special this year. Maybe I’ll plan 10 and he’ll plan 10. Or maybe together we’ll come up with 20 date nights that we normally don’t do. We recently went to a country concert for a date night and had SUCH A FUN NIGHT. It’s not normally a date night we get to do, but it was one of our best! More date nights like that for 2020, please!
I’ve loved seeing everyone’s posts on this topic, so please leave a comment sharing your goals/intentions/words of the year so we can all go in to the new year supporting each other!
Happy New year, y’all! Let’s make this decade the best one yet! 🙂